Stobart Group has an opportunity for a Transport Planner to join their team based in Penrith. We are offering a competitive salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
What’s the Transport Planner role?
You will be required to develop plans, working within legal guidelines, which deliver the required customer service and profitability from the fleet, in addition to managing drivers and vehicle in order to maximise their use and minimise costs.
What will I be responsible for as the Transport Planner?
- To develop and control an agreed amount of resource (vehicle, driver, trailer) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to. (Working time directive and EU drivers hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resource effectively, maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost.
- To understand how to improve and maintain agreed customer and business KPI targets.
- To provide regular communication with other Departments, Customers and third parties ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for dependable and committed individuals. You will ideally have a proven track record with a planning environment, preferably within the haulage industry. Any previous experience of planning systems/software would be an advantage.
You should be flexible in regards of working away from home at times particularly in training to understand a Depots unique requirements and issues.
You should have the ability to work on your own initiative and the willingness to resolve issues. You must be able to organise your own workload and work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines. You should have a confident and effective communication ability.
You will also be PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. A sound geographic knowledge would be an advantage.
The successful Transport Planner will be rewarded with a package including company pension scheme and uniform.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Transport Planner please click ‘Apply’ now.